// DIVING //
Organized diving is allowed in the park only on specific locations and with prior notification! It is necessary to have a valid diving qualification, an annual Croatian Diving Association card and a permit of the Public Institutions Nature Park Telašćica.
With diving equipment it is possible to go diving on following locations:
- next to the island Korotan
- Garmenjak Mali
- Garmenjak Veli
- Sestrica mala
Attractive diving sites that can be found here draw the attention of divers with the variety of colours and the richness of different plant and animal species. The submarine world is reach on sea caves and some of them are home to live rare organisms such as the carnivorous sponge (Asbestopluma hypogea).
In cliffs’ fissures live numerous corals. Beautiful stone corals grow in accumulations in the bay Telašćica. The most frequent fish in the bay is black-tailed sea bream, even though other fishes are also numerous, both in species and in number of individuals.
Lovers of nature often are responsible tourists, but also the most well-intentioned divers because of ignorance and negligence may contribute to damage of the sea bed. Therefore, we ask you to follow the basic rules when you go diving!
- Throwing and dragging of anchors may lead to irreparable damages of the sea bed. Whenever it is possible, moor your boat at the coast or at places designed for it even if that means that you have to swim to the diving place. In any case, always check the sea bottom before throwing the anchor and never throw an anchor in areas covered with sea-flowering plants.
- For entering the water, control of equipment or navigability and other preparatory actions, find a place resistant enough where it will not be subjected to mechanical damage. Finish your diving and exit from the sea at the same place.
- Take care of the movements of your foot fins and the water motion they make while you dive, the photographic equipment and other devices, because these are the main causes of accidental damage
- Don't disturb sea organisms, not by illuminating with powerful lights of your underwater lights
- Remember, some sea organisms are very delicate so avoid any touching and holding on to sea organisms
- Do not hunt, collect or remove sponges, shells, sea cucumbers, sea-urchins, starfish, snails and other sea organisms, because it is forbidden by law!
- It is forbidden to hunt with a spear-fishing gun
Many divers visit our submarine world and can be a significant part of the system of protection of nature and an indispensable source of information.
If you notice visible signs of damage to the sea bed or worrying changes such as existence of the invasive algae Caulerpa genus, please notify the professional or supervisory service of the Public Institution "Nature Park Telašćica":
Tel: 023/377-395; 023/377-096
Cel: 098/259-123; 098/467-988