// Sakralni objekti //
Church of St Anthony
The small Church of St Anthony the Abbot (later dedicated to St Anthony of Padua) in Dugo Polje originates from the earliest Christian times probably from the 4th or 5th century. It served its purpose until 1844 when it was thoroughly robbed by the well-known outlaw Kutleša. Then it was temporarily abandoned and left without a roof. The residents of Sali built a new church on its ruins in 1913 and dedicated it to St Anthony of Padua. Every year on the day of the saint on June 13, a solemn mass is being held. Except the solemn mass a procession with the statue of St Anthony is being performed starting from the church to Lokve in Njarici and back.
In the immediate vicinity of the church, Liburnian (Illyrian) graves from 1800. - 1000th B.C. were found
The ruins of the Church of St John in Stivanja polje
As the number of residents in Tilag increased and the former Church of St Viktor on Citorij became too small, a bigger one was built on the north-eastern edge of Stivanja fields. It was erected in 1064 by the nobleman Grubina from Zadar and he donated it to the monastery of St Grisogonus in Zadar.
It is likely that the church, as well as the majority of pre-Romanesque monuments were built on antic ruins and the name CELLA (in historical documents) – standing for a small monastery - indicates that next to the church existed other rooms like a foyer of which significant ruins have been found as well as perhaps the ruins of a Romanesque building.
Church of St Victor
The ruins of the Church of St Victor are located on a high ground called Citorij, on the south-eastern end of mountain Stivanja. It was built on a gentle slope of the plateau on southern side at 92 meters above sea level, with a view of the open sea. During 2008 the Archaeological Museum of Zadar spent a revising research of the ruins of the church which fully clarified the character of the building. Based on older flooring found in the church board, on movable items (pottery, bronze cross and fragments of glass) and layout characteristics, it was established that the church originated from the early Christian period, i.e., the second half of the 5th or the beginning of the 6th century. The renovation took place in the late 10th century.
At that time the church was equipped with new stone furniture whose fragments were found in earlier research. Pottery from the Early Bronze Age was discovered on the site and that testifies that before the construction of the church there was a Bronze Age tumulus on the same site. This church is the oldest sacred building from early Christian time, and the inner part of Telašćica, the port of St Victor got the name after it.